Welcome to Memories Monday!
It is important to reflect. Memory Mondays give us an opportunity to thank others and refresh ourselves on how we became what we are today. Who can think of a more encouraging way to start the week?
Last week you learned a lot about Easter Seals on a national level. Reflecting on Edgar Allen’s revelation is so impactful. It makes us imagine the times when there were not so many resources for individuals with autism and other disabilities. We are so grateful to be an organization that has revolutionized service for so many people. Specifically, we at Easter Seals Florida are so encouraged when we think of our journey to today.
Here is just how far we’ve come:
· We evolved from a confederacy of small, independent groups concerned about children and adults with disabilities.
· On Dec. 8, 1948, the Florida Chapter, National Easter Seal Society was officially chartered, which today is known as Easter Seals Florida.
· We are now serving thousands of people with disabilities and special needs daily within 40 counties in Florida.
· Through the years we have spread to The Keys, West Palm Beach, Tampa Bay, Central Florida , and Southwest Florida .
· Today we meet needs in many areas and have a variety of operations including Child Development Centers, Therapy, Camping and Recreation, Early Steps Program, Home-based Early Intervention, Autism Services, Adult Day Health Services, Socialization Programs, Personal Emergency Response Services and Vocational/Employment Services.
Thank you for joining us on Memories Monday.
Don’t forget to submit questions in the right panel question box… we will post answers to the blog J